Bibi Schwartz, a Barrister by trade, left the legal world in 2010. After an expat stint in Dubai, she followed her entrepreneurial spirit and started the Linden Market in Johannesburg, South Africa in 2015.
She quickly grew this small neighbourhood Christmas market into the biggest in Johannesburg. With a clear vision and bucket loads of enthusiasm she created a lifestyle experience that had something for everyone. Her focus has always been on vibrancy, authenticity and creating a platform for local entrepreneurs. She believes a successful event should bring together the community in a celebration of music, shopping and great food.
It is this passion which led to the success of the Linden market which currently attracts over 7000 visitors each market day. Bibi intends to bring the same love for all things beautiful to Bibi’s Brocante.
Our team is motivated by a desire to create meaningful and memorable experiences. Our vision is to capture the vibrancy and beauty of the Surrey Hills and leverage new opportunities with creativity and strategy. We believe in forming long term partnerships and love to grow with our partners.
- Support sustainable commerce and support local – artisans, makers, creators, food & drink
- Preserve artisanal traditions
- Encourage innovation and disruptive thinking through activations
- Change consumer behaviour in line with our ethos
- Disrupt the traditional market model by creating a unique Customer Experience
- Bring good vibes – life is tough enough!
- Embrace ethical business practices
- Create a culture of collaboration (with our EXHIBITORS, charities and customers)
- Celebrate creativity